The Truth About EGR Valves
Why are EGR Valves fitted?
EGR valves are fitted by manufacturers in order to reduce the amount of NOx (Nitrogen Oxide) emitted by the vehicle. However, there are more negative effects than the so say “Benefits”
• Reduces efficiency
• Reduces performance
• Increases particulate matter (Soot)
• Causes carbon build up inside the Inlet manifold, engine internals and turbo
Removing/Deleting the EGR Valve will result in the following;
• More Power
• Better Fuel Efficiency
• Less Flat Spots
• Improved Throttle Response
• Less Maintenance Costs
• Cleaner Intake System
• No Effect on MOT
There are two aspects to EGR Removal:
1. The EGR Valve is blanked preventing any exhaust gasses from passing through the valve and entering the intake system. EGR blanking is only required when the valves cannot fully close due to carbon build up.
2. The ECU is Remapped (Reprogrammed) and the EGR functions are removed from the ECU software or the valve is electronically programmed to remain closed at all times. This is the most important aspect of the job and it is vital that it’s done correctly. We can also remap the vehicle for better performance and fuel efficiency at the same time.
Give us a call, or pop in to our garage and have a chat.